Some more detailed info regarding our upcoming presentation for the IPMPCC conference.
Seasonal environmental practices and climate fluctuations in Melanesia.
An assessment of small island societies in Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu.
Frederick H. DAMON
a paper to be presented within the context of the workshop:
19 – 21 July 2011,
Mexico City, Mexico
II. Changing Scenes in eastern Papua New Guinea
- Background to Milne Bay Province, PNG
- Sea level changes
- Crossing times. The new confusions…
III. Torres Islands
- The physical environment and traditional knowledge
- Regular (annual) climatic fluctuations
- Longer term fluctuations (quakes, and the 7 and 14-17 year cycles; and ENSO)
Climate change impact and adaptation
 Department of Social Anthropology, University of Virginia, USA
 Centro de Estudios de Asia y África, El Colegio de México, MEXICO
* Organized by the United Nations University (UNU), Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).